• Master's Degree in Library & Information Science of any
• Knowledge of Computer Operation,
Entrance exam is essential for admission.
Annual Pattern(18 Months)
Entrance Test on every 2nd and 4th Sunday (May and June)
• Degree certificate of B.Lib. & I.Sc. and M.Lib & I.Sc.
Paper 1 - Research Methodology
Paper 2 - Library & Information Centers - Planning and Management
Paper 3 - Information Communication and Technology Applications
• In the first part of one year, students have to study 3 theory papers, which can give useful knowledge for research in the field. Passing Criteria for each paper is 40 Out of 100.
• In the last 6 months, students have to work for a research project as practical experience of research in library field.
Fee Structure (In Rupees)
(Fees applicable for current academic year.)
to Download Fee Stucture
For the M.Phil. Paper I Syllabus click here
For the M.Phil. Paper II Syllabus click here
For the M.Phil. Paper III Syllabus click here
After completion of this course, students can get the opportunities in the college libraries and also can admit for Ph.D. for deep research in the field.
As per U.G.C. norms, the students having M.Phil. degree with the admission through entrance exam, are eligible for getting the benefit of course work exemption facility in their Ph.D. work.