To create competent and committed Teachers as agents of modernization and social
change for National Development.
• To impart the skills needed for becoming effective teachers.
• To sensitize the trainee teachers regarding the various social issues.
• To stimulate critical awareness about educational practices.
• To develop managerial and organizational skills.
Thus, the institution aims to promote competent and committed professionals in the
field, who have research oriented attitude while pursuing this noble and sacred
profession, which will fulfill Lokmanya Tilak’s dream of building a ‘Strong and
• To act as agents of modernization and social change.
• To promote social cohesion, international understanding and protection of human
rights and the rights of a child.
• To become a competent and committed professional, willing to perform the identified
• To use competencies and skills needed for becoming an effective teacher and teacher
• To sensitize the student-teacher about emerging issues such as environment protection,
population explosion, gender equality, legal literacy etc.
• To inculcate critical awareness about social realities among the students and
• To develop managerial and organizational skills.
Department of Education are committed to create professionally competent teachers
to perform their roles effectively as per the needs of the society. We also aim
to upgrade the standard of Teacher Education and to enhance the professional and
social status of teachers and develop amongst them a sense of commitment towards
the educational needs of the society.
In the academic
year 2005-06 Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth has launched Bachelor of Education
one-year regular degree course through English medium, which was the long cherished
dream of Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth and closely associated with educational thoughts
Vidyapeeth received recognition from NCTE in 2005, for the implementation of B.Ed.
course for the intake of 100 students. The list of recognized institutions is displayed
on NCTEs Website : WWW. ncte-in.org
Year of Establishment - 2004-2005
Board Of Studies: - The following members constitute the Board of (Education) for academic year 2013-2014 and 2014-2015.|
1)Registrar, Dr. Umesh Keskar
2)Principal, Dr. Neelima Mehta
3)Dr. Lalita Vartak
4)Prof. Kirti Namjoshi
5)Prof. Sarika Rathod
Click Here for Faculty Details Of Education|
|Contact No. / Email of Department|
Principal, Department of Education
Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth,
Gultekdi, Pune 411 037.
Phone (off) 020 24403019/24403096.
020 24266068, 020-24266701
|List Of Courses |
Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.)
Master in Education (M.Ed.)
Ph.D. in Eduation
• Well equipped physical infrastructure
• Eco friendly environment
• Library with networking facilities
• Spacious computer lab Internet connectivity
• Sciences lab,Psycology Lab
• Language Lab
• Sports Department.
• Hostel Facility for Girl's and Boy's.
• OPD of Ayurveda Dept.
• Well equipped/Modern Studio of Media Centre.
A Minor Research project on "A study about implementation of Environmental Education
and it's awareness with special reference to the 9th standard students from secondary
schools in pune city , Maharashtra " is recommended and sanctioned by UGC ,New Delhi.
Name & Address
Dr.Mehta Neelima Madhav Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth,pune-411037 maharashtra
A study about implementation of Environmental Education and it's awareness with
special reference to the 9th standard students from secondary schools in pune city
Academic Plan For B.Ed. Semester II
Academic Plan For M.Ed. Semester II
"We aim to create committed and resourceful nation builders".The Department of Education was started in 2005. The following are our special features.
• Well qualified and dedicated staff.
• Guest lectures of eminent personalities in the field of education.
• Workshops on value added inputs.
• Enabling the trainee teachers to be acquainted with modern communication devices.
• Video taping of micro teaching lessons.
• Health Education Programme.
• Socially Useful Productive Work (SUPW) -(Paper bag making workshop etc)
• Separate weightage given for Event Management.
• Social Service Camp.
• ICT based practice lessons.
• Practice lessons and Internship in reputed schools.
• Well equipped library with latest publications.
• Total number of books - 2008.
• Post graduate department of Education - 2009.
• Subscribed Educational journals-16.
• 100% results along with campus interviews and placement at the time of internship
• 'REFLECTIONS' - Annual magazine of student's creative efforts in form of literary
The academic year 2013-14 has proved to be academically and professionally fulfill
for the Department of Education.
• Mrs. Sharvary Govande and Mrs. Trupti Barve, presently working as Assistant Professors
in the Department successfully passed the CTET held in July 2013.
• Mrs. Trupti Barve successfully cleared the NET exam for Lecturership held in June
• Mrs. Madhuri Gunjal – Assistant Professor in the Department successfully completed
the Post Graduation Diploma in higher Education (PGDHE) course from IGNOU in June
Details of Paper Presentation/ Workshop-Seminars
attended/Publication by Faculty Members.